Friday, July 27, 2012

The Best Part of Waking Up


 

The original post disappeared at some point this morning, will do my best to re-create it.  

Mantra and chanting has become the most important part of my practice.  I don't do asana, pranayama, and seated meditation everyday (avg. 6 days/wk), but I do japa of mantra and recite the Hanuman Chalisa everyday.  

I have worked to train myself to do something that is much more difficult than handstand lotus: mentally repeat mantra as soon as I wake up.  Whether it is the middle of the night or first thing in the morning (with my practice schedule, it can be argued that these are the same time:); awakened by the alarm clock, my bladder, the cat, etc.; feeling happy, sad, or accepting the consequences of partying like it's 1992, I mentally recite mantra.

Does this make me a better person?  Fill me with Peace/Love/Happiness? Cure depression? Mainline God directly into my heart?

No.

Through my direct experience, I have realized that I have a better chance of making it through the day and possibly achieving these states if I start the day with "God Bless" rather than "God Damn."

"When the whole thing happened you can hear Ram say:
God Bless that Monkey, he made my day
God Bless that Monkey, he made my day
God Bless Everybody, Peace and Namaste."
~MC Yogi "Hanuman"  Download the song for free from www.mcyogi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment